Canadian Oats Milling Ltd. requires:
Role and Responsibilities
Operators will be responsible for a variety of tasks including receiving, storage, handling, drying, blending, and loading of grain; monitoring stored grain condition; and maintaining and cleaning grain facilities and equipment to provide a safe environment for you and fellow workers. Operators will also be cross trained to perform a variety of tasks, including daily responsibilities that are not limited to;
• Assisting in the unloading and loading of grain commodities by both rail and truck. This includes trucks, train hoppers, train cars, containers, or conveyors to feed machines with products, using forklifts, shovels, and/or other manual tools.
• Weigh or measure materials and products, using scales or other measuring instruments, or read scales on conveyors that continually weigh products, in order to verify specified tonnages and prevent overloads.
• Maintain equipment, machinery, and work stations, using hand tools, shovels, brooms, chemicals, hoses, and lubricants.
• Observe conveyor operations and monitor lights, dials, and gauges, in order to maintain specified operating levels and to detect equipment malfunctions.
• Observe and listen to machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions.
• Inform supervisors of equipment malfunctions that need to be addressed.
Education and Training
• High school diploma or GED degree or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• You must have reliable transportation to be available for work 24/7.
• Experience with agriculture and farm equipment and mechanical aptitude is strongly preferred.
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to work in tight and confined spaces, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. This job may require you to occasionally work at significant heights, with requisite balance and equilibrium. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
• Personal protective equipment, including hardhats, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
• The ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors.
• The ability to detect odors and the ability to understand and discern safety warning systems. This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Canadian Oats Milling LTD
How to Apply:
Contact: Jessica Marrotte
55021 Range Road 234A
Sturgeon County, AB T8T 2A9